The Ultimate List of the Best Growth Marketing Books for Startups
“The most important lesson I can share about brand marketing is this: you definitely, certainly, and surely don’t have enough time and money to build a brand for everyone. You can’t. Don’t try. Be specific. Be very specific.”
And just like this book, several marketing geniuses have compiled their knowledge into the best growth marketing books.
But of course, you can’t read them all. So we looked into our read list and created a list of the best growth marketing books you can start with.
Best growth marketing books for startups
We all learn from experiences. But nobody said they could be yours. These 25 books below contain the experiences of renowned marketers who share their strategies with you. Find your favorite book to kickstart marketing for your startup.
1. Building a Storybrand: Clarify your message so customers will listen
Author: Dolland Miller
Building a story brand is about finding the right story behind your brand and communicating that to customers. The book provides a framework to develop and simplify your business messaging so that your target audience relates to your business. It covers website design, email marketing, and customer service – powerful business tools. What’s more? The book is filled with case studies to back up its claims. Lessons and proof in one place – it’s one of the best growth marketing books for startups.
2. Product-led growth – How to build a product that sells itself
Author: Wes Bush
3. Traction – How any startup can achieve explosive customer growth
Author: Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
4. The Lean Startup: How do today’s entrepreneurs use continuous innovation to create radically successful businesses?
Author: Eric Reis
5. Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers
Author: Geoffrey A. Moore
6. Influence: The psychology of persuasion
Author: Robert Cialdini
7. Contagious: How to build word of mouth in a digital stage
Author: Jonah Berger
8. Growth Hacker Marketing: A primer on the future of PR, marketing and advertising
Author: Ryan Holiday
Author: Nir Eyal
Author: Reid Hoffman, Chris Yeh
11. This is marketing: You can be seen until you learn to see
Author: Seth Godin
12. The Paper Plane Plan
Author: Ross Davies
13. 100 days of growth
Author: Sujan Patel
14. The BAMF Bible
Author: Josh Fechter
15. Viral Loop
Author: Adam L. Penenberg
16. Growth marketing handbook
Author: Jon Yongfook
17. Growth Hacking: Silicon Valley’s Best-Kept Secret
Author: Raymond Fong and Chad Ridderson
18. Don’t Make Me Think
Author: Steve Krug
19. Explosive Growth
Author: Cliff Lerner
20. Growing Happy Clients
Author: Daphne Tideman and Ward van Gasteren
21. One Million Followers, Updated Edition: How I Built a Massive Social Following in 30 days
Author: Brendan Kane
22. Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success
Author: Shane Snow
23. The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, and Stand Out From the Crowd
Author: Allan Dib
24. The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
Author: Malcolm Gladwell
25. Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers
Author: Seth Godin
Choose the Perfect Growth Marketing Book for Yourself
We’ll keep updating this list as we read more books. Till then, share your favorite book from the list. Subscribe to the Kanagawa blog for more such compilations!
Are you ready to scale your business?
We help venture builders to realize double-digit growth. We implement a proven growth framework to find and convert customers faster.
But to work closely with teams, we take up only a limited number of projects every month.